Tiffin, Ohio — The Seneca County Treasurer’s Office has released important information regarding the payment of second-half taxes for real estate properties and manufactured homes. Property owners are advised to take note of the following deadlines: real estate taxes are due by July 21, 2023, while manufactured home taxes must be paid by July 31, 2023.
Currently, all tax bills are being processed and will be mailed to taxpayers by the end of the day Wednesday. Property owners should anticipate receiving their bills soon.
To ensure timely payment and avoid penalties, it is essential to be aware of the key dates:
Real Estate Taxes (Second Half):
- Due Date: July 21, 2023
- 5% Penalty Begins: July 22, 2023
- 10% Penalty Begins: August 1, 2023
Manufactured Home Taxes (Second Half):
- Due Date: July 31, 2023
- 5% Penalty Begins: August 1, 2023
- 10% Penalty Begins: August 11, 2023
Taxpayers have several convenient options for making payments:
- In-person: Property owners can visit the Treasurer’s Office, located on the first floor of the RTA Building at 109 S. Washington St., Ste. 2105, Tiffin, Ohio, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. Please note that the office will be closed on Tuesday, July 4, 2023.
- Remote Locations: Cash and check payments are accepted at select banks until the due date. Late payments will not be accepted at remote locations. The following banks accept payments:
- Old Fort Banking Company (all locations)
- Republic Banking Company (Republic, OH)
- First National Bank of Sycamore (New Riegel and Tiffin Locations)
- Online: Taxpayers can conveniently view, print, and pay their tax bills at any time by visiting the Seneca County Treasurer’s website at www.senecacountytreasurer.org. Payments can be made using credit cards, debit cards, or e-checks.
- Telephone Payments: Payments can also be made over the telephone by calling 866-549-1010. Taxpayers will need the 7-digit bureau code (1899844) and their reference number (parcel number).
- Mail: Payments can be mailed to Seneca County Treasurer, 109 South Washington St., Ste. 2105, Tiffin, Ohio. It is recommended to mail payments early and ensure they bear an acceptable postmark.
Please be aware that online and telephone payments are subject to a service fee charged by the credit card service provider, Certified. The fee amounts to 2.55 percent of the total for credit card payments (with a minimum fee of $2.00), $1.50 for ACH or e-check payments, and $3.95 for debit card charges. It is important to note that this fee is not imposed by Seneca County or the Seneca County Treasurer’s Office.
In the event that a tax bill is not received by mail, property owners can visit www.senecacountytreasurer.org and click on the “View Tax Bill” button to print an actual tax bill. Alternatively, they may contact the Treasurer’s Office at (419) 447-1584. It is crucial to note that failure to receive a bill does not exempt taxpayers from penalty and interest charges, as stated in Section 323.08 of the Ohio Revised Code.
For additional information and answers to frequently asked questions, individuals are encouraged to visit the Seneca County Treasurer’s website at www.senecacountytreasurer.org.