Aqua Ohio to conduct water main flushing in Tiffin service area
Tiffin, Ohio — Aqua Ohio’s Tiffin Division has announced that it will be conducting water main flushing in the Tiffin service area from Monday, April 10 through Friday, April 14 between 7:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Flushing is an essential part of Aqua’s regular maintenance program. It helps ensure that hydrants and valves are working properly and prevents sediment buildup, according to a press release from the company.
During the flushing period, customers may notice a drop in water pressure or temporary water discoloration, but there will be no interruptions in water service. Customers are advised to refrain from doing laundry during this time to avoid possible staining. If tap water is discolored, customers should allow it to run until it clears. Running several cold-water faucets at the same time will help the water clear faster.
The first week’s flushing schedule is as follows:
- Monday, April 10: Ella Street from the Water Treatment Plant to South Sandusky Street, Morningside Drive, Darby Court, Darby Road, Duchess Lane, Duchess Court, Eden Street, Longfellow Drive, Gail Lane, Gary Lane, South Sandusky Street from Cottage Avenue to Gary Lane, County Road 54, Progressive Parkway, County Road 1, and Southland Drive.
- Tuesday, April 11: Euclid Avenue, Hopewell Avenue, Central Avenue, Cottage Avenue, Hillcrest Drive, Seneca Avenue, High Pointe Court, South Sandusky Street from Ella Street to South River Road, Woodland Avenue, Fair Lane, West Market Street from Hopewell Avenue to Casa Drive, Casa Drive, and Lindsay Avenue.
- Wednesday, April 12: West Market Street from Bon Aire Avenue west to Route 224 to Northwest Medical, Progressive Parkway, State Route 18 from State Route 224 to Wal-Mart, and Shaffer Park Drive.
- Thursday, April 13: West Market Street from Hopewell Avenue to Sandusky River, Orange Street, Maple Street, Center Street, St. Clair Street, West Perry Street, Wentz Street from Nelson Street to Clay Street, Cherry Street from Nelson Street to Elmer Street, Elmer Street, Kensington Avenue, Melissa Street, Fairfield Avenue, Virginia Avenue, Oil Street, Nile Street, Colony Avenue, Scott Street, Boehler Street, Fairview Avenue, Jackson Street from West Market Street to Clay Street, and South Sandusky Street from West Market to Clay Street.
- Friday, April 14: Nelson Street, Miami Street from Frost Parkway to Nelson Street, Westwood Drive, Northwood Drive, Cottonwood Drive, Birchwood Drive, Westwood Court, Beechwood Drive, Oakwood Drive, Pinewood Drive, Teakwood Drive, Rosewood Drive, Ashwood Drive, Allen Street, Howard Street, Fostoria Street, and Cherry Street from Allen Street to Nelson Street.
Customers who have questions may call Aqua Ohio’s Customer Service Center toll-free at 877-987-2782. For more information, visit AquaWater.com or follow Aqua on Facebook at facebook.com/MyAquaWater/ and on Twitter at @myaquawater.