Tiffin, Ohio — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners presented its Seneca County Video Tour Thursday morning during a board session, highlighting some of the community’s best features. The tour was created in partnership with CGI Digital, a New York-based company, at no cost to county taxpayers.
The video series features five different videos with a focus on workforce development, collaboration among community organizations, education for all ages, parks and recreation, and a welcome video with some quick facts about Seneca County, according to a press release from the board.
According to Public Relations Director Jimmy Flint, planning for the video began in early 2022 and filming began in September. The commissioners viewed two of the videos during the meeting and encouraged the public to watch the entire series, which can be viewed here.
In other action, County Administrator Jaime Wolfe announced that she received correspondence from Seneca County Common Pleas Court Judge Steve Shuff notifying the office that about $15,061.16 was returned to the General Fund in 2022. This money is a reimbursement for Title IV-D funds, which are advanced from the county General Fund each year. Court officials work hard to complete all reporting requirements so that the state funds can be reimbursed, according to the release. Title IV-D funding has been returned to the county’s General Fund since 1999. From Judge Shuff’s court alone, this total has equaled $866,589.79. The commissioners thanked Judge Shuff and his team for working hard to be good stewards of taxpayer money.
Lastly, Commissioner Tyler Shuff gave kudos to Seneca County Dog Warden Kelly Marker for her involvement in the story of Buddy, a “scrappy stray dog with a heart of gold,” who has been nominated to compete for America’s Favorite Pet 2023. Marker helped to rescue the dog a few years ago and nursed it back to health before Marquita Smith and her husband Jerry adopted the dog and made him part of their family.
Learn more about Buddy and his bid to become America’s Favorite Pet by clicking here.
In new business, the commissioners approved:
- A $10,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund in the employee – salaries line.
- A $145 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for Medicare.
- A $5,000 supplemental appropriation to the Maintenance and Repair Fund for software licenses/services.
- A $2,400 supplemental appropriation to the County Sewer District Fund for contract services.
- A resolution Designating Board Appointments for the Commissioners for 2023.
- Authorizing an amendment to the lease agreement between the Seneca County Board of Commissioners and Seneca County Department of Job and Family Services
- Establishing the ability to dispose of unneeded, obsolete or unfit county property by means of online internet auction as an alternative to public auction or sealed bid and charging county department administrators or directors with disposal management oversight; retroactive to January 1, 2023.
- Resolution to designate the official representative and alternate for the purpose of voting at the annual meeting of the County Commissioners Association of Ohio in 2023.
- Authorizing the contract agreement for medical services with Dr. Chris Sears on behalf of the Seneca County Sheriff’s Department.
- Authorizing the lease agreement with Seneca County Park District at 3362 South Township Road 151, Tiffin, Ohio 44883 effective January 1, 2023, and ending December 31, 2023.
Local4 days ago
Seneca County Commissioner Tyler Shuff accused of violating probation in drunk driving case
Local4 days ago
Man charged with child sex-related crimes following undercover sting by Tiffin police
Local5 days ago
Tiffin Engineer’s Office brings in $4 million forgivable loan for sewer project
Region5 days ago
Police provide update on New Year’s Day murder of Dollar Tree employee