Tiffin, Ohio — Ohio Governor Mike DeWine and Lt. Governor Jon Husted announced Tuesday that 2,277 blighted and vacant structures in 42 counties — including 14 structures in Seneca County — will be demolished to pave the way for new economic development and housing opportunities across the state.
The buildings set to be demolished in Seneca County include:
- 8981 W. County Road 6 (Big Spring Township) – St. Nicholas Chapel
- 11145 W. Township Road 96 (Alvada, Big Spring Township) – St. Peter’s Chapel
- 11123 W. Township Road 96 (Alvada, Big Spring Township) – St. Peter’s Chapel
- 6230 W. Tiffin Street (Bascom, Hopewell Township) – Saints Patrick & Andrew Church
- 6250 W. Tiffin Street (Bascom, Hopewell Township) – Saints Patrick & Andrew Church
- 9938 County Road 59 (Carey)
- 536 McDougal Street (Fostoria)
- 606 Lynn Street (Fostoria)
- 640 Maple Street (Fostoria)
- 826 Spruce Street (Fostoria)
- 6224 N. State Route 53 (Pleasant Township)
- 3484 S. Township Road 151 (Tiffin)
- 45 Clinton Avenue (Tiffin)
- 250 2nd Street (Tiffin)
The buildings will be razed as part of the Ohio Building Demolition and Site Revitalization Program. The DeWine-Husted administration created the program to “help local communities demolish dilapidated commercial and residential buildings and revitalize surrounding properties to attract investments, businesses, and jobs,” according to the governor’s office.
“We’re not just tearing down dilapidated buildings, we’re helping to make communities across the state better places to start a business, raise a family, and build a bright future,” said Governor DeWine. “This isn’t just a win for 42 counties, it’s a win for all of Ohio.”
The projects will be funded with the Ohio Demolition and Site Revitalization Program set-aside grants announced for each county in July. Thirteen counties will also receive additional program funding totaling $35.3 million to cover expenses in excess of the initial set-aside grants.
To view the full list of planned demolition sites, click here.
Region3 days ago
Fostoria police investigating after shots fired at house
Local3 days ago
City of Tiffin announces streets to be paved
Local3 days ago
Sutton Bank to invest over $1.5 million in Tiffin facility
Ohio News5 days ago
Ohio lawmakers reintroduce bill the governor vetoed less than a month ago