Tiffin, Ohio — As the Tiffin Parks and Recreation Department gets ready for the 4th of July celebration at Hedges-Boyer Park, residents are asked to be aware of some changes to hours and potentially to payments.
For the 4th of July, pool hours have been expanded to 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Pool admission remains at $5 per person (unless they have an active pool pass). During rest breaks, staff will be running games and competitions.
Due to expected high demand, there will be no membership purchases at the gate. To purchase a membership in advance, click here. If you purchase a membership online, you must download the QR code for each membership, and scan it upon entry to the facility.
Payment for a day pass can be cash or credit/debit cards. If there is a loss of cell reception due to large crowds at Hedges-Boyer Park and the point of sale system does not work, credit and debit card payments cannot be accepted. There will be an ATM located outside of the pool office to assist in these situations.
The schedule of events for Tiffin’s 4th of July celebration at Hedges-Boyer Park is as follows:
- Check-in opens for the “Cruisin’ Thru the Years” car show at 9:30 a.m., with a “cruise” through the park beginning at 11 a.m. followed by an awards ceremony at 2:30 p.m. The first 50 cars that check-in on July 4 receive a free T-shirt, two lunch vouchers and a goodie bag from Destination Seneca County. Pre-register for the car show at tiffinparks.com. The car show is sponsored by Reineke Family Dealerships.
- City pool is open 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Games/outdoor activities 2-6 p.m.
- Bigfoot’s Brother (Jake Heil) plays at the band shell (small stage) from 5-7:30 p.m.
- Park closes to vehicle traffic at 7:30 p.m.
- Country Musician Darryl Worley takes the main stage starting at 8 p.m.
- Fireworks to start around 10 p.m.
- Region4 days ago
2 people killed in crash on State Route 13: OSHP
- Food2 days ago
Ballreich’s unveils new potato chips made with MST dry rub seasoning
- Local3 days ago
Tiffin Columbian Athletic Hall of Fame set to honor 2022 induction class
- Local4 days ago
Events planned in Tiffin as summer comes to a close