Tiffin, Ohio — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St.
The commissioners also are slated to host a monthly EMS stakeholder meeting at 7 p.m. Thursday at the North Central Ohio Educational Service Center.
At about 10 a.m., Great Lakes Community Action Partnership personnel are scheduled to visit the commissioners to discuss the Coordinated Public and Human Services Transportation Plan.
At about 10:30 a.m., the board is set to enter an executive session to discuss personnel.
During old business, discussion is to continue concerning 2022 budgets and also on how to use federal American Rescue Plan funding.
The initial General Fund budget included more than $20 million of requests. During last week’s session, County Administrator Stacy Wilson presented an $18.9 million budget for the commissioners to review and work on before a potential vote could be held Thursday.
The County Budget Commission certified $19 million in revenue for 2022, and the commissioners have made it their goal to approve a balanced General Fund budget. The board also is considering a non General Fund budget.
The commissioners have been working throughout the year to create a plan for how to best use about $10.7 million that the county is receiving through the ARP. The funding must meet certain guidelines to generally mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
In new business, the board is to consider:
- A $5,700 supplemental appropriation to the County Sales Tax Bond Retirement Fund for interest.
- A $32,000 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund for the Seneca County Justice Center.
- Authorizing fund transfers be made to the Justice Center Operating Fund.
- Authorizing established discounted rate for a parcel in the New Riegel District and a parcel in the Bascom district.
- Accepting the Coordinated Public and Human Services Transportation Plan.
- Approving a requested amendment to the Program Year 2019 projects and amounts for the Community Development Program.
- A contract with the Lucas County Board of Commissioners for the Lucas County Coroner to perform certain necessary autopsies and toxicology in 2022.
- Establishing the county’s contribution to the high deductible health savings account for employees that enroll in a Health Savings Account for 2022.
- Signing the Honey Creek Subdivision IV Final Plat.
- Setting time, date and place to receive sealed bids for the County Services Building ADA and façade upgrades.
The session will be hosted in person, but there will still be an online viewing option made available to the public.
The meeting will be streamed on Zoom and on Facebook Live, but a different experience will be offered on each platform.
Those interested in participating in the session during the public comment portion must join via Zoom. Those who are not interested in participating will be able to view a higher-quality broadcast on Facebook Live. The Facebook feed will include graphics and multiple camera angles.
Here is how to join:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SenecaCountyCommissioners/live_videos/
- Zoom: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/92595230790?pwd=c0d1cVJ0MVY4RXUwSERweXo4SnE2QT09
- Participants may also join the Zoom meeting by dialing (312) 626-6799 and using the following information:
- Meeting ID: 925 9523 0790
- Passcode: 453802
Viewers may switch between the two platforms at any time, and the Facebook broadcast will include a link to the Zoom session during the public comment portion of the meeting.
- Region2 days ago
Fostoria man arrested after barricading himself inside residence
- Local2 days ago
Tiffin PD Chief David Pauly recognizes Jason Windsor for his service as interim chief
- Ohio News4 days ago
Ohio Supreme Court rejects congressional map days after Statehouse maps struck down
- Ohio News3 days ago
J.D. Vance takes campaign to Ohio shooting range