Projects announced, award winners named at Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership annual meeting
Tiffin, Ohio — Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership held its annual meeting Thursday at Heidelberg University’s Seiberling Gymnasium.
The event celebrated the successes of 2020 in the areas of Commercial and Industrial Development, Downtown Tiffin, Workforce Development, Rural Development, Entrepreneurship and Community Development.
There were many projects from 2020 highlighted at the event. In 2020, there was $92 million in announced investment and 459 new jobs to be created.
Economic Development Manager Nick Dutro announced Sonoco Products Inc. has broken ground on a new expansion of its facility at 60 Heritage Drive. Clouse Construction, the design build general contractor for the project, is adding 46,600 square feet to the building, including a new office and conference room and a warehouse. This is now the third expansion for the company, which has 90 employees in Tiffin.
Downtown Main Street Manager Amy Reinhart announced a new survey that opened to help educate, inform and to better the Downtown Tiffin Revitalization Program to strategically target new businesses. Find the survey at http://tiffinsurvey.com/. Those who respond can be entered into a drawing for a gift certificate from 22 MRKT or the Renaissance of Tiffin.
Also during the event, the TSEP Awards were presented to recognize businesses and individuals in the Tiffin and Seneca County community. Not every award is given each year, only when the Membership & Events Committee and/or the president or chairperson deem a company or individual deserving of the recognition.
Award winners at the annual meeting include:
- Partnership in Development Award – Tiffin and Seneca CARES Act Small Business Relief Grant – City of Tiffin, Seneca County, Village of Bettsville, Village of Green Springs, Bloom Township, Clinton Township Eden Township, Hopewell Township and Pleasant Township
- Economic Development Award – Dorel – Ameriwood
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award –Handshoe Cakes and Cookies
- Entrepreneurial Spirit Award – Bill & Kelli Jones
- Outstanding Business – MST Pub
- Outstanding Business – Buffalo Wild Wings
- Lifetime Achievement Award – Heidelberg University and Tiffin University
- Special Recognition – John & Linda Detwiler
- President’s Award – Beth Schweitzer
Started in 1983 as the Seneca Industrial and Economic Development Corp. (SIEDC), the Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership is a private, non-profit corporation dedicated to driving positive economic, downtown, and community development in Tiffin and Seneca County, Ohio, which consistently ranks among the top communities nationally for economic development.