Tiffin, Ohio — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 10 a.m. Thursday for a regular board session.
During appointments at about 10:30 a.m., Renee Smith from Fostoria Economic Development Corp. is expected to speak with the board. Smith is scheduled to provide an update to the commissioners on the latest economic development happenings from the Fostoria area.
In other action, Trinity Lescallett, from the Tiffin-Seneca Public Library, is scheduled to speak with the commissioners about this year’s Community Read program, which will be a little different due to COVID-19.
Instead of large events being hosted like in previous years, this year’s program will focus on revisiting past Community Read programs. Authors and community partners will join a Zoom program to give updates since the community last heard from them.
The event will take place on Thursday, April 22 at 6:30 p.m. The registration form can be found here.
Library officials are also welcoming last year’s Community Read author Steve Lopez for an in person program in October. The library had to cancel his visit last year and officials are looking forward to welcoming him to Tiffin this year.
During new business, the board is to consider:
- A $7,619.70 supplemental appropriation to the General Fund.
- A $4,000 supplemental appropriation to the Special Projects Fund.
- A $35,500 supplemental appropriation to the Ambulance Service Fund.
- A $320,000 and $300,000 fund transfer from the LGF-General Fund to the Ambulance Service Fund.
- A $70,000 fund transfer from the LGF-General Fund to the EMA Fund.
- A $60,939.50 fund transfer from the Public Assistance Fund to the County Share – Other line.
- Appointing Anthony Paulus and reappointing Kellee Hoover to the Mental Health and Recovery Services Board of Seneca, Sandusky and Wyandot Counties.
The commissioners are encouraging residents to join them in the online meeting through the application Zoom. To maintain maximum accessibility, the meeting will be recorded, archived and streamed live through Zoom. Residents can join the meeting by computer or mobile device at this link.
Residents also can download the Zoom meeting app and join with meeting ID 925 9523 0790. The passcode for the meeting is 453802. Those who would rather call in and listen to the audio of the meeting can dial (646) 558-8656 and use the meeting ID and then enter the passcode. The meeting also is to be streamed on Facebook on the Seneca County Commissioners page.
- Ohio News1 day ago
As Ohio House’s war on vaccine mandates fades, Speaker reticent on what’s next
- Ohio News1 day ago
Company hints that Ohio Medicaid director acted improperly. It’s happened before
- Local1 day ago
Arlington Acres completes barn restoration project
- Local22 hours ago
Large police presence at Tiffin West Apartments; armed individual barricaded inside residence