Tiffin, Ohio — During a Tiffin City Council meeting Monday evening, City of Tiffin Director of Finance Kathy Kaufman and her staff were presented with the Auditor of State Award for the 2019 Audit Report.
Lori A. Brodie, Northwest Regional Liaison for Auditor of State Keith Faber, presented the award Monday evening.
“Kathy Kaufman provided outstanding leadership, professionalism, and a strong commitment to fiscal integrity, and this award represents the hard work of all the city employees who strive each day to achieve accounting excellence,” said Brodie. “Also, we recognize the Mayor, and the Council that have done an excellent job accounting for every dollar in the City.”
The Auditor of State award is presented to local governments and school districts upon the completion of a financial audit that meet the following criteria of a “clean” audit report:
- The Entity must file their financial reports with the Auditor of State within 150 days of fiscal year end.
- Have a “clean audit” with no findings for recovery, material citations, material weaknesses, significant deficiencies, single audit findings or questioned costs.
- The entity’s management letter contains no comments related to:
- Ethics referrals
- Questioned costs less than $10,000
- Lack of timely report submission
- Failure to obtain a timely Single Audit
- Findings for recovery less than $100
- Public meetings or public records.
The Auditor of State’s office audits nearly 5,900 entities and fewer than 8 percent of all entities that are audited are even eligible for this award. The City of Tiffin also received the State Auditor’s Award in 2015.
Tiffin Mayor Aaron Montz said, “Congratulations to Kathy and her staff for this achievement and representing the City of Tiffin well. We appreciate all of your efforts.”
Kaufman added, “Thank you to Lori Brodie for attending, and Auditor of State Keith Faber for this recognition. I’m grateful to the entire finance department staff for their hard work in achieving this award.”
- Local5 days ago
Crews evacuate residents, battle fire at Burwell Building in Downtown Tiffin
- Ohio News3 days ago
Ohio’s suing a huge Medicaid contractor. Mississippi’s investigating whether to follow suit
- Local2 days ago
Electric vehicle charging stations now operational in Downtown Tiffin
- Local3 days ago
Downtown Tiffin ‘Spring Shop Hop’ going on now