Connect with us

Ohio News

Woman arrested for trespassing after refusing to wear mask at Ohio football game Staff




Logan, Ohio — An Ohio woman was arrested Wednesday for trespassing at an 8th grade football game after refusing to wear a face mask in the stands.

School resource officer Chris Smith was walking in the stadium during the game and observed a female sitting in the stands without a mask.

Officer Smith approached the woman and advised her that she needed to wear a mask as required by school policy, to which she replied that she had asthma and was not going to wear a mask.

The officer advised her several times that she needed to put a mask on, and that if she did not, she would be asked to leave and would have to wait outside the stadium, according to the Logan Police Department.

The female, later identified as Alecia D. Kitts, continued to refuse the officer’s request and was informed that if she refused to leave, she would be cited for trespassing and escorted off the property.

After several attempts to get Kitts to leave, the officer advised her she was under arrest for criminal trespassing and asked her to place her hands behind her back multiple times and she refused, police said.

As she continued to resist by pulling away from the officer, Smith advised her to comply or he would deploy his stun gun. At that point, Kitts continued to resist and was eventually stunned by the officer, one time on her shoulder area, using his Taser.

At that time, the officer was able to successfully handcuff Kitts and escort her out of the stadium.

Kitts was charged with criminal trespassing and released at the scene. Additional charges are pending on Kitts and another female subject involved in the incident.

“It is important to note, the female was not arrested for failing to wear a mask, she was asked to leave the premises for continually violating school policy. Once she refused to leave the premises, she was advised she was under arrest for criminal trespassing, she resisted the arrest, which led to the use of force,” the Logan Police Department said in a statement. “This is an unfortunate incident for everyone involved. The incident remains under investigation.”

Get the latest news and updates delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up For Free