The Ohio Department of Health on Thursday released a dashboard for school districts throughout the state to report COVID-19 positive tests among students and staff.
The report reflects new and cumulative COVID-19 cases reported to schools by parents/guardians and staff.
Schools are required to report cases to their assigned local health department who then report to the Ohio Department of Health.
According to the Ohio Department of Health, a report of COVID-19 should not be interpreted as an indicator that a school district or school isn’t following proper procedures — school cases can be a reflection of the overall situation in the broader community.
Families and staff should always feel free to ask questions of the school district or school.
In Seneca County, as of Thursday, only one school district has reported a COVID-19 case among students or staff.
Here are the totals as of Thursday, Sept. 17, 2020:
- Bridges Community Academy: No cases reported
- Calvert Catholic Schools: No cases reported
- Fostoria City: 1 student case
- Hopewell-Loudon Local: No cases reported *
- New Riegel Local: No cases reported
- North Central Academy: No cases reported
- North Central Ohio ESC: No cases reported
- Old Fort Local: No cases reported
- Seneca County Board of DD: No cases reported
- Seneca East Local: No cases reported
- Tiffin City Schools: No cases reported
- Tiffin Developmental Center: No cases reported
* Before statewide school COVID-19 reporting system was rolled out, district reported cases among students and staff.
For updated numbers, view the school reporting dashboard here.