TIFFIN — The Seneca County General Health District released new information on Tuesday regarding novel coronavirus (COVID-19) cases in the county.
As of 4 p.m. Tuesday, there are 10 total confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Seneca County.
There has been one death as a result of COVID-19 in the county.
There are 6 males that have tested positive and 4 females that have tested positive.
The age range of those who have tested positive in Seneca County is 27 years old to 85 years old. The average age is 51 years old.
Five of the cases have recovered.
Protect Yourself from Coronavirus
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Learn what to do if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. This includes tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.
- If surfaces are dirty, clean them: Use detergent or soap and water prior to disinfection.