Connect with us

Coronavirus

Fourth case of coronavirus confirmed in Ohio: officials

TiffinOhio.net Staff

Published

 

on

A fourth case of COVID-19 (coronavirus) has been confirmed in Ohio, state health officials said Wednesday.

The new case, a man in his mid-50s from Stark County, is in addition to three cases confirmed prior to Wednesday, all three of which are residents in Cuyahoga County who are also in their mid-50s.

Health officials said the Stark County man had no history of international travel and no history of close interaction with individuals who recently traveled out of the country, calling it a case of “community spread” for the virus in Ohio.

According to the Ohio Department of Health, 24 people are currently being tested for COVID-19 in Ohio. 21 people have tested negative so far.

Get the latest information from the CDC on coronavirus by clicking here.

Get the latest news and updates delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up For Free