A new civil lawsuit filed in Sandusky County courts is seeking the immediate removal of disgraced Sandusky County Prosecutor Tim Braun (R).
The lawsuit was filed Friday by four women who work in Braun’s office.
Five women have accused Braun of sexual misconduct, with one woman even telling investigators Braun asked her to watch child porn with him, but he was given a “slap-on-the-wrist” misdemeanor charge and gets to keep his job until the end of June, as well as collect from his $140,000 annual salary.
Judge Jeremiah Ray of the Sandusky County Common Pleas Court previously suspended Braun on Dec. 31, just a day after Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost (R) filed a complaint seeking his removal from office.
Melanie Allen, director of Sandusky County Job & Family Services, told her employees that they are not to be alone with Braun for any reason, citing concerns for their safety, according to a letter included in the court filing.
Braun’s political future will likely be decided at an upcoming hearing on January 22, with Yost, Gov. Mike DeWine, Sandusky Co. Sheriff Chris Hilton, and many others pushing for Braun’s removal from office for his willful and flagrant transgressions in his position as prosecutor.
The complaint from Yost reads, “Braun’s pattern of misconduct towards his female subordinates, his criminal investigation into the missing personnel files, his seizure of his female subordinates’ private cell phone records, and his conviction of Negligent Assault on his female subordinate together demonstrate that he committed gross neglect of duty, gross immorality, misfeasance, malfeasance, and/or nonfeasance and is therefore guilty of misconduct in office and should be removed from office in accordance with Ohio Revised Code Sections 3.07 and 3.08.”
The filing outlines in part that Braun’s conviction has rendered him unable to perform the basic and fundamental duties of a prosecutor, that he cannot and should not be trusted with the power and authority of the office, and that he has caused irreparable damage to the office and its ability to advocate for women meaningfully.
Yost said prior to Braun’s suspension that his continued presence as the county prosecutor would harm the public welfare.
On Dec. 6, 2019, Braun pleaded guilty and was convicted of one count of negligent assault, arising from his improper physical contact in the workplace.
Yost previously called for Braun’s resignation on Oct. 29, 2019, following an investigation conducted by the Bureau of Criminal Investigation.