TIFFIN, OH — Tiffin-Seneca Economic Partnership hosted 2019 Main Street Celebration and Downtown Summit Wednesday, Sept. 4, 2019, at the Chandelier Community Event Center, 151 S. Washington St.
The program included award presentations, celebrated the success of 2018 and 2019 and gave a look forward to the next year.
Downtown Main Street Manager Amy Reinhart announced two new businesses, fitness studio Releve Barre Studio to open at 131 S. Washington St., and 22 MRKT, a new record and collectibles store at 22 E. Market St., and talked about projects including the recent dedication of the splash pad at National Corner.
In 2019, 12 new businesses opened in Downtown Tiffin, with 23 new jobs being created and private investment of more than $2 million. In addition, the City of Tiffin Façade Program for 2019 included 14 projects for an investment of $285,000.
Reinhart showed three videos during her presentation.
Fall marketing video produced by Dead Shark Productions.
Promotional video put together by the Tiffin University Marketing and Advertising class for Hempy Water.
2019 Downtown Tiffin Main Street Awards ceremony.
- Downtown Development Award was presented to Tiffin Capital Investments LLC/33 Court Street — Andy Faber, Kip Keiffer, Jeremy Marinis and Ron Schumacher.
- Downtown Entrepreneurial Award was presented to the Laird Arcade Brewery — Andy Flechtner, Eric Keubler and Rob Weaver.
- Business Legacy Award was presented to Burns Electric — Linda and LeVerne Burns.
- 2019 Anne Gase Downtown Achievement Award was presented to Brian Bilger.
The night also featured:
- Ray Boylston, senior associate of RLS & Associates Inc., gave a presentation on a proposed deviated fixed bus route for Tiffin and took time to answer questions from the audience.
- The Seneca County Young Professionals donated $3,695 for downtown planters and hanging baskets.
- A live performance by The Dave & Glenn Duo accompanied by a slideshow of projects and events that took place over the past five years.
Region2 days ago
Old Fort High School student arrested after bringing gun to school
Commentary3 days ago
What will happen if Ohio abolishes its income tax?
Local3 days ago
Heidelberg University announces new trustee
Local3 days ago
City Engineer reminds residents of resources for marking sewer lines