TIFFIN, OH — The Seneca County Board of Commissioners is to meet at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at its office, 111 Madison St. The meeting will begin with a tri-county ditch hearing with Sandusky and Wood counties.
At about 9:35 a.m., Seneca Regional Planning Commission Executive Director Charlene Watkins will discuss a potential grant opportunity with American Electric Power which could lead to the establishment of vehicle charging stations in the county.
At about 10 a.m., Kelly Beckett, of First Step, is to address the board. First Step, which is head- quartered in Fostoria, provides shelter, advocacy and counseling to victims of domestic violence. Beckett visited the commissioners in May, just a month after the agency’s executive director of 33 years, Terri Mercer, had died of cancer.
Beckett previously worked as a consultant for the group before taking over as interim director.
During old business, the board is to discuss industrial wind turbine projects that are proposed for the area.
The board is also expected to finalize committee appointments for new commissioner Anthony Paradiso and will hear a financial request from Treasurer Paul Harrison.
At about 10:15 a.m., the commissioners are to host a bid opening for a 64-passenger school bus on behalf of the Seneca County Opportunity Center.
In other action, the board is slated for an executive session to discuss personnel compensation and pending litigation.
During resolutions, the board is to consider:
* A $2,250 supplemental appropriation to the Public Assistance Fund for H.S.A.
* A $100,488.10 fund transfer to the Public Assistance Fund. * An $85,809.22 fund transfer to the Public Assistance Fund.
* A $57,389.57 fund transfer to the Public Assistance Fund.
* Amending previous orders from January to designate an official representative and alternative from the board to vote at the annual meeting of the County Commissioners Association of Ohio.
* An agreement for the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Correction Subsidy Grant for Justice Reinvestment and Incentive Grant (JRIG) funding.
Region2 days ago
Old Fort High School student arrested after bringing gun to school
Commentary3 days ago
What will happen if Ohio abolishes its income tax?
Local3 days ago
Heidelberg University announces new trustee
Local3 days ago
City Engineer reminds residents of resources for marking sewer lines