Connect with us

Local

U.S. News releases rankings for Best High Schools in Tiffin area: See which high school ranked first

TiffinOhio.net Staff

Published

 

on

TIFFIN, OH — U.S. News & World Report, the global authority in education rankings, today announced the 2019 Best High Schools by Metro Area rankings, which span 933 metro areas in the country.

“We’ve heard from students, parents and school officials that they’re interested in seeing how their school compares with others in the community,” said Robert Morse, chief data strategist at U.S. News. “With these new rankings, residents in more than 900 metro areas nationwide can see which local schools are succeeding at educating and graduating their students.”

Schools are grouped within their respective metro areas, using the same methodology as the 2019 Best High Schools national rankings that were published on April 30 of this year. A school’s national rank corresponds to its metro rank. For example, the highest nationally ranked school in the New York City metro region is also the No. 1 school in the New York City metro area ranking. This is similar to the Best High Schools state rankings.

According to U.S. News, here are the top high schools in the Tiffin area, ranked:

1. Seneca East High School

Attica, OH | Seneca East Local

#1 in Tiffin, OH Metro Area Rankings #2,119 in National Rankings

Seneca East High School is ranked 75th within Ohio. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement® coursework and exams. The AP® participation rate at Seneca East High School is 18%. The total minority enrollment is 6%, and 83% of students are economically disadvantaged. Seneca East High School is the only high school in the Seneca East Local district.

2. Hopewell-Loudon Local High School

Bascom, OH | Hopewell-Loudon Local

#2 in Tiffin, OH Metro Area Rankings #5,687 in National Rankings

Hopewell-Loudon Local High School is ranked 217th within Ohio. The total minority enrollment is 6%, and 50% of students are economically disadvantaged. Hopewell-Loudon Local High School is the only high school in the Hopewell-Loudon Local district.

3. Columbian High School

Tiffin, OH | Tiffin City

#3 in Tiffin, OH Metro Area Rankings #6,744 in National Rankings

Columbian High School is ranked 265th within Ohio. Students have the opportunity to take Advanced Placement® coursework and exams. The AP® participation rate at Columbian High School is 23%. The total minority enrollment is 10%, and 33% of students are economically disadvantaged. Columbian High School is the only high school in the Tiffin City Schools district.

4. Old Fort High School

Tiffin, OH | Old Fort Local

#4 in Tiffin, OH Metro Area Rankings #12,935-17,245 in National Rankings

Old Fort High School is ranked 515-736th within Ohio. The total minority enrollment is 4%, and 22% of students are economically disadvantaged. Old Fort High School is the only high school in the Old Fort Local.

At Bridges Community Academy, the total minority enrollment is 25%, and 75% of students are economically disadvantaged. Bridges Community Academy is the only high school in the Bridges Community Academy.

New Riegel High School

New Riegel, OH | New Riegel Local

Unranked

At New Riegel High School, the total minority enrollment is 1%, and 42% of students are economically disadvantaged. New Riegel High School is the only high school in the New Riegel Local.

At North Central Academy, the total minority enrollment is 15%, and 72% of students are economically disadvantaged. North Central Academy is the only high school in the North Central Academy.

Click here to see the full rankings.

Get the latest news and updates delivered to your inbox.

Sign Up For Free